Covid-19 rapid testing
Covid-19 rapid testing, with lateral flow tests, is now available locally for key workers who are asymptomatic – the nearest testing site for this is at Cambourne – full details, including the booking process, can be found here: www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/rapidtesting
First Covid-19 large scale vaccination centres launch in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
The NHS has launched its first large scale vaccination centres in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough this week as part of the biggest vaccination programme in NHS history. The centres are located on the ground floor of the Grafton Centre in Cambridge and at City Care Centre on Thorpe Road in Peterborough. The centres provide an additional option to the vaccination hubs already successfully delivering vaccinations in local hospitals and by GPs across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Details are here tinyurl.com/1tu1wfbl
The Census for England and Wales takes place every ten years and 2021 is a census year. This once-in-a-decade survey gives the most accurate estimate of all the people and households in England and Wales, and has been carried out every decade since 1801, except in 1941. Census information helps in the planning and funding of public services. Collecting this information is even more important during a Brexit departure from Europe and also the difficulties of an ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic. You can find out all about the 2021 census at https://census.gov.uk. The Census offers a number of temporary jobs, which can be explored at https://www.censusjobs.co.uk/. If you want to see recent Dry Drayton Census Data from 2001 and 2011, it is here: http://www.drydrayton.net/census.asp. We also have the full data from 1891 and 1911 at http://www.drydrayton.net/history.asp.
Big Garden Birdwatch
This weekend, 29-30 January 2021, the Big Garden Birdwatch takes place. Visit https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/birdwatch/ to find out how, in just a couple of hours, from your own home, you can contribute to our knowledge about bird life locally and nationally.
Next Dry Drayton Parish Council Meeting
Tuesday February 2 Feb 2021 at 7.30pm – virtual meeting – for public access e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Agenda at http://www.drydraytonpc.org.uk The Agenda includes a presentation on the proposed solar farm at Childerley.
- Covid-19 testing and vaccination, 2021 Census, garden birdwatch, Parish Council
- COVID19 Test Centre Volunteers Needed
- Dry Drayton Parish Council – Lockdown Part 3
- Sharing Hope, Money, Development and old photos
- Crime, Safety, Old Photos, Diary dates
- New home-based interest for the winter?
- Development & Village Hall News
- Village News, VH AGM, Development, Diary Dates
- Staying safe, book wanted and next newsletter
- Big Forest School, Safety, Church re-opening, Parish Council
- Dry Drayton Boundary Walk
- Reopening the Church, Swifts, Parish Council, Newsletter
- New construction site opening in Dry Drayton
- Coronavirus – Dry Drayton
- Brian Copping, message of thanks
VAL ING on Village E-mails, the pub, litt… Cassie Pickles on Crime Prevention and Saving th… Edward on Dry Drayton at the Tipping…